The principle of the highly specific immunochemical reactions between antigens and antibodies lies at the basis of the THC/Marijuana drug test. 50 ng/ml of THC is the test?s cutoff. This is exactly the standard of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. This test is prompt and reliable as well as inexpensive. You do not need to leave home to carry it out. You will get the results in 3-5 minutes.
- You will know that the test works as a color band will be seen at the left section of the result window. This section is called the Control Band.
Note: THC has got a different chemical nature in comparison to other chemicals, therefore the color of the test band can be much fainter than in any other drugs of abuse tests. It is recommended to read a test under sufficient amount of lighting.
- The test results are shown in the right section of the result window. This is the Test Band that can change color as well.
- TWO COLOR BANDS mean that the result is NEGATIVE. It shows that there is no THC above the cut-off level in your urine.
- ONE COLOR BAND means that the result is POSITIVE. It shows that there is THC above or at the cut-off level in your urine.
- INVALID result. The test is considered invalid when no color band appeared in the left section of the result window.
In some cases it is possible for a very faint band in the right section of the result window to appear. Such result means that you THC concentration is near or below the cut-off level. Therefore, it is recommended to repeat the test once again or choose a more exact testing method (i.e. gas chromatography/mass spectrometry).