Cocaine Facts |
Crack Facts |
Ecstasy Facts |
Heroin Facts |
Marijuana Facts |
- It was hard to find cocaine users among people with middle income in 1960s for at those times this drug was really expensive. Cocaine was a common association with music, sports and show business stars. Nowadays the majority of world's people have the possibility to take cocaine. Young adults are those who take this drug most frequently, besides, men take it twice as much as women do. Neither socioeconomic condition, nor education, nor profession influence the category of drug users.
- Cocaine usage and carrying is an important problem which our country faces. In 1997 the statistics showed that 1,5 million American citizens after the age of 12 were instant cocaine addicts. Although some progress has been done in this sphere due to this number lessening from 5,7 million in 1985, the problem still has the place and we need to make the number of cocaine addicts smaller. Science is a great support. It's a well known fact how this drug influences the brain, what impact is pleasurable for the nervous system and why it's so easy to get used to it.
- The two basic types of cocaine are: the hydrochloride salt and "freebase".
- Cocaine is illicit, a Schedule 2 Controlled Substance, in most episodes, due the federal Controlled Substances Act.
- Cocaine is called "dope friend" for the negative impact it has over individual's organism and health.
- Over 200-300 cocaine addicts die of overdose every year in Texas.
- The amount of America's inhabitants, which take cocaine constantly was over half million in 1983, as 1993 Household Drug survey says; in 1995 this number was 582,000 (what is 0,3% of the population). Constant usage means on 51 or more days during last year.
- Cocaine is the reason of body temperature, pulse and blood pressure raising. Even after the first usage you can receive heart palpitations and cardiac trouble.
- Cocaine addicts lose the interest to their family, sex, profession and every thing they do except taking another dose of the drug.
Crack Cocaine Facts
- The statistics shows that of the 4,2 million America's inhabitants who have taken crack at least once, 600,000 have gotten used to it.
- Some professionals say this drug is one of those to which it's really easy to get used, and some addicts say they liked it from the first time they took it.
- When you smoke crack, the substance reaches your brain in eight to fifteen minutes and produce a certain impact.
- Crack addicts often face problems with respiration, containing lung damage, chest congestion, wheezing, spitting up black phlegm, great hoarseness, and burning of the lips, throat and tongue.
- Other impacts of crack are high body temperature, bad appetite and, perhaps, liver damage. Crack lessens the contents of dopamine, a substance which helps to regulate mood, attention and coordination.
- Addicts feel constant desire to take the drug. Most crack users will take the drug until they have no money or their margin of drug is over.
- Instant usage can cause the damage of nervous system; its signs will correspond with paranoid schizophrenia symptoms.
- In early 80s the reason for most people to make cocaine popular was to reach absolute relaxation.
- Crack is packaged into small plastic containers in the form of gray, beige of white chunks. They can be tried with marijuana or tobacco cigarette or smoked with a pipe, which is often made of glass.
Ecstasy / XTC / MDMA Facts
- The impacts of constant MDMA taking is now subjected to careful scientific analysis. In 1998, the National Institute of Mental Health made some statistics for a certain group of chronic MDMA addicts, who were giving up the usage. The statistics showed that common users damaged neurons in brain, which transfer serotonin, a substance taking part in some vitally important processes as learning, sleep and maintaining of emotions. The conclusion made showed that constant MDMA users can develop chronic brain damage which results in depression, anxiety, memory loss and other neurotic diseases.
- MDMA influences the coming out of serotonin from brain neurons, making additional energy, which has the power for several minutes to one hour. The impact drug produces on those who take it differs with the constitution of a person, dose's size, drug's purity and the environment where the individual takes it.
- Some of MDMA's effects are a pleasurable sense, self-confidence and happiness, as well as sometimes high level of energy. As for the impact on nervous system, it produces the feelings of calmness, empathy, and acceptance.
- Ecstasy addicts say the feel the sensation of mutual understanding and a wish to touch those to whom they feel it. Some drug users say that ecstasy is useful to normalize neurotic activity, as it causes the feelings of mutual understanding and it's period of action is short. But MDMA is called by Federal regulators as a drug which isn't used in the medicine.
- There're secret labs providing illegal activity in Western Europe, especially in the Netherlands and Belgium, they produce a large amount of drugs in tablets, pills or powder. Besides the fact most of MDMA laboratories act in Europe, there are some examples of MDMA labs producing the drug in America.
- Institutions, which export MDMA abroad, transfer it in doses of 10,000 or more pills with the use of express mail services, couriers with commercial airline transfers, of, more often, with several transmissions on board the planes from large cities in Europe to cities in America. Ecstasy is purchased in small doses at the mid-wholesale level in America for over eight dollars for a one-use package.
- MDMA which is sold in clubs of American cities costs approximately from twenty to thirty dollars for a one-use package. MDMA dealers always use some marks to determine their products and to make it different from other competitors' packages. These marks are made due to special holidays or important events. Lightning bolts, butterflies and four-leaf clovers are among the most popular brand signs.
- Ecstasy's impacts on nervous system are depressive mood, problems with sleep, anxiety, confusion, paranoia while using drugs and some weeks after its usage.
- Some experts at The Johns Hopkins University showed that 4 days of drug taking can be a reason of some organism disorder 6 or 7 years later.
- Night meetings, called "raves", are often a place where ecstasy is taken.
- Many of those impacts mentioned after the use of amphetamine and cocaine are similar to the effects MDMA addicts have.
- Disorders of the nervous system due to ecstasy usage are depressive mood, problems with sleep, anxiety, confusion, paranoia while using drugs and some weeks after its usage.
- The effects ecstasy produce on the organism are muscle tension, teeth damage, bad vision, quickly moving eyes, sweating or freezing, and nausea.
- Ecstasy includes components which vary from place to place, they often differ from MDMA content, for example caffeine or dextromethorphan. MDMA is a drug which is forbidden to produce, carry or market in America by the US Schedule I of controlled substances.
- German drug producing company named Merck was the first in the United States to produce and patent MDMA.
- Of the two groups of people who passed memory tests ? drug users and healthy people ? the first one had the worse results.
- Heroin addict can take four doses of drug a day as well.
- When an individual smokes or respires heroine, the effect of its taking comes not so quickly as after injecting it, NIDA statistics shows that all the ways to take the drug are easy to get used to.
- More than 80% of drug addicts inject in somebody's presence, over 80% of people who did it alone are found dead of overdose.
- Of the illegal drugs heroine is the mostly spread throughout the United States.
- The National Household Survey in 1994 showed that 2.2 million of America's citizens have already taken heroin, 191,000 have taken it in last 30 days.
- The feeling of pain caused by heroin can actually result in signs of physical diseases such as pneumonia and give a wait to treatment.
- Current informal data tell us that people prefer to smoke or to snort heroine because they are sure this form of usage won't cause addiction to the drug.
- The origin of heroine is morphine, a substance which is taken from the seed-pod of poppies in Asia.
- Heroin is always alike brown or white powder.
- As DAWN's Year End 1998 Emergency Department Data inform, 14 percent of all deals related to drugs, happening with emergency rooms were connected to heroine/morphine in 1998.
- Heroin addiction is usually connected with serious health disorders, containing fatal overdose, damaged veins, infectious illnesses, as HIV/AIDS and hepatitis, spontaneous abortion.
- When the impact of the drug is overcome, the individual may feel sleepy for some days. After this condition they again become normal.
- In fact, if the individual starts taking heroin constantly after some time, it commonly results in addiction to drugs. The organism's natural reaction to the influence of drugs is lessening the amount of opioid receptors in the brain. So as a conclusion a drug addict must take a larger and larger dose time by time to receive the same impact.
- When the dose of heroin comes out of the organism, the little number of opioid receptors and a little amount of heroin causes certain biochemical and physical changes, which are the sign of heroin symptoms, containing: anxiety, anger, pains in stomach, sweating, nausea, sniffing, total weakness, insomnia, feeling of heat and pain in muscles.
- These awful feelings hard to overcome begin in 12 hours after not using heroin, there extreme point is two-three days and in a week they begin lessening. People rarely die from this impact.
- Individuals, taking heroin, often overcome some special physical conditions. Some of them are the result of taking drugs, other are the result of a way they are taken, and others are the reason of lifestyle, which coincides with common and constant usage of heroin.
- Most marijuana addicts take the drug with the help of a cigarette which is called a "joint".
- Impact of marijuana on the organism is extremely high within 10-30 minutes after it was taken and this effect may last for two or three hours.
- According to statistics, marijuana is the most commonly taken illicit drug in the nation.
- Marijuana is the reason of weakness of organism's immunity.
- Actually, metabolites of marijuana can be found in organism by drug testing technologies in some days after it was taken. But in fact, for constant users these traces can be sometimes found in some weeks after the last usage of marijuana.
- In 1995, 165,000 individuals who came into special clinics for treatment told that marijuana is the primary drug they had gotten used to and need help to give up its taking.
- Taking this drug is the reason of some changes in the brain which can be commonly named with cocaine, alcohol and heroin.
- Individuals taking marijuana have some kinds of troubles with respiration as people who smoke cigarettes have: croaking and coughing. These people have a larger opportunity to catch chest colds than those who don't take it. They also have more possibility to catch lung infections as pneumonia.
- Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, one of over 400 components in this drug plant, is responsible for the majority of marijuana's impacts on physical and psychical state. The concentration of drug is detected by the extract of THC it includes.
- THC badly influences the neurons in the information-maintaining center of hippocampus, the part of brain which is responsible for studies, memory, and coinciding sensitive experience with feelings and coordination.
- Marijuana using is the reason of poor blood flow to the brain.
- Marijuana is often called "psychoactive" or "psychotropic" opiate and is really easy to get used to for some persons.
- Marijuana has a special smell which is hard to clean off and you can feel it even after thorough, many-times' cleansing.
- Second hand marijuana fume can also cause an impact.
- Marijuana is a section of illicit opiates' market and most commonly taken drug in North America, that's why it concentrates the majority of petty crime and crimes, which correspond with drugs.
- Scientific researches have identified that children, whom drug-users gave birth to, had smaller height, smaller weight and smaller sizes of heads, in comparison with those born from healthy mothers.
- Statistics say that marijuana lessens the level of testosterone in men's organisms.
- Taking marijuana may also result in low sperm concentration, which can be the reason of difficulty in giving birth to children.
- Women who take THC cause the growing of testosterone levels in their systems which can be the reason of additional facial hair and acne, and the reason of damaging the reproductive women's function.
- Marijuana is an illicit opiate which is most commonly taken in America. Over 69 million American citizens from the age of 12 have already used marijuana in their lifetime.
- Studies show that marijuana cigarettes rushes five times as much carbon monoxide into blood and three times as much smoke into lungs as tobacco cigarettes produce.
Meth/Methamphetamie/Crystal Meth Facts
- Methamphetamine is an opiate which is called among the users as Meth, Crystal, Ice, Crystal Meth, Crank, Glass, Chalk and Speed.
- Methamphetamine is produced in different forms. It can be respired, smoke, orally taken or injected.
- Meth has no smell, it's taking is difficult to feel.
- In 1980s "ice", a form of methamphetamine used to smoke, became popular.
- It's risky for methamphetamine addicts to be strongly poisoned by lead.
- Even if you take small amount of meth, it can produce negative impact on your organism, as convulsions and hyperthermia; these symptoms may sometimes lead to death of the addict.
- Crystal is a drug which badly affects nervous system and is easy to get used to.
- Meth effects on the central nervous system are the reason of chemical reactions on brain, which make the organism feel its reserves of energy are unlimited and the person looses the necessary for other parts of body amounts of energy.
- Meth's impacts to the organism are the same as with cocaine, but they are stronger and need larger doses.
- Meth is like a crystal powder, it is dissolved in water or alcohol and has a bitter taste.
- Studies say that bad impact on neurons including Dopamine and Serotonin is that nerve endings influenced are hard to recover, and this later may result in addict's illness of Parkinsons and Alzheiners in some years.
- Meth addicts can be sober and awake for a long time and then they feel depressed and tired, even worse in comparison with the time before they used the drug.
- Meth's impact on organism, shown in insomnia is usually the result of its continuous usage, which can lead addict to experience strange behavior, hallucinations, bizarre and extreme paranoia.
- Women take meth twice as much as they take cocaine.
- Methamphetamine can be a reason of death from heart damage, brain disorder and stroke.